Sunday, March 4, 2012

Time-out

We watched a grandson play soccer and basketball in CA in January. Then more recently we watched five of our grandchildren participating in the Bible Quizzing at Lancaster, PA. In every instance, there was "time-out" for the teams part way through the activity. And I'm thinking...

We attended the morning service at our church today. And I was comparing it to a "time-out" in the competition of life. We are also confronted with the strategy of an opposing team- one that wants to beat us into the dirt with no mercy. But on a regular basis I need that "time-out" to confer with the Coach and my teammates. I am not smart enough to do life on my own. I need the wisdom and encouragement of the Coach and my team mates to help me be prepared for the next round. I may not be the most gifted player on the team. But I know if I stay on His team, our team wins in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment