Thursday, July 8, 2010

hydrangea



A few years ago our son and his wife gave a small potted hydrangea bush to me for Mother's Day. I love what ever flower is in season. Right now, even in a heat wave, the hydrangea bush is blooming so beautifully!

I enjoy cut flowers on my table but rarely have a store-bought bouquet...nor do I feel neglected without one. I'm very happy with black-eyed Susans picked along a fence row, dahlias from my own flower bed or even Queen Anne's lace and clover blossoms that do not cost a cent.

This year a daughter gave an enamel pan with perennials for Mother's Day. My husband knows that I prefer a rose bush over long stemmed roses that will fade in a short time. A flowering bush is the "gift that keeps on giving" that is....if I can keep it alive.

Thanks again to my husband and children for giving the sort of flowers that keep on giving.... and bring pleasant memories in every season.

No comments:

Post a Comment